SOCIAL AND TRAINING RIDES
RATS Cycling Club organises rides at a variety of levels, both in distance and speed. For insurance reasons, a rider must have MTBA insurance, through membership of this club or another affiliated club.
PCS Monday, Wednesday & Friday Morning MTB Training Ride - Cleveland
This ride is hosted by PCS Coaching who supports the club with sponsorship and assisting in such activities.
- Departing Cleveland McDonalds Carpark
- 5.30AM (you'll need lights in winter months) for 1 ½ hours duration approx
- For riders who want to improve MTB skills/intensity
- Location will be the area of land near cemetery & the hospital
Saturday Morning Social Ride
Our regular Saturday social ride has something for everyone including beginners and kids. If you are not a member and need to sign off on the insurance form get there a bit earlier. The club pays for your first ride then its $10 Seniors/$7 Juniors for other rides or join the club!
- Meet at Daisy Hill Top Carpark
- 8.00am for 1 ½ hours duration approx.
- Open to all levels and we encourage those looking for their first taste to join this group as ride leaders try to give trail knowledge and riding hints as they go.
- Ride leaders change, so check your club communications for this weeks leaders.
Saturday Morning Training Ride - Daisy Hill
A fast, hilly and technical training ride but we wait at trail heads great race training. You need to be a good rider with good level of fitness otherwise try the 8am ride.
- Departing Daisy Hill Top Carpark
- Leaving 6am sharp and back in 1hr 45minutes to afford those with families to join the social ride.
Daisy Hill Mountain Bike Club
Daisy Hill Mountain Bike Club has invited RATS members to join their social rides which are posted on our RATS Events Calendar.
Want more rides?
If you have a group wanting more rides let us know and we can include them to be advertised as a weekly ride too.
WHAT TO BRING
- Mountain bike in good working order.
- Cycling helmet meeting Australian Standards. Downhill requires a full face helmet.
- Basic tool kit of allen keys, pump, tubes, tyre levers.
- Night rides: Adequate front lighting; red rear light or reflector.
- Sufficient food, water, sunscreen for the length of the ride.
DURING THE RIDE
- If a rider has to leave early, let others know.
- Respect the policies of the land managers. Don’t make or use unauthorized tracks.
"Can I handle the ride??" All social rides are just that "social" and groups maintain contact at each trail junction ensuring you don't get lost. As rides become more popular there can be breaking up into smaller groups that allow everyone to ride at a pace they are happy with (that is when a faster group may evolve but essentially the group is only as fast as the slowest rider). If you are beginning, our Saturday ride is probably the best as our ride leaders are looking to help riders with trail knowledge and riding hints.